Defending the sanctity of marriage

FreeForAll

Asked by FreeForAll at 4:35 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually a lot of those things you listed do have an impact on others Dard, how does it impact you if a gay couple gets married? Of course you are entitled to an opinion but should it be law, knowing that your opinion is based on a religious belief?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:22 PM on May. 2, 2012

• The question was why I thought someone might object. I already stated I don't have a problem with it Iga.
    Try not getting bent until you read it all.

What I said there are many ways to look at every issue.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:45 PM on May. 2, 2012

• If I do not want my child to be gay (just saying) and my religious or other beliefs are such that I think it is wrong I would not want them to get the idea that it is ok. I would want to do everything in my power to keep them out of the news, exposure in the schools etc. I might not want my child associating with criminals and I would do eerything t keep them away rom that element, IF I were of that view.

Answer by Dardenella 2 hours ago

---------------------------------------------
    Do you NOT want your chidren to see happy gay couples because then they might think it is alright to be gay? Is that what you are saying? Or that thinking it is alright to be gay will somehow make them decide to be gay? Well, you are so wrong. ---gays are born gay. I thought you knew that? You can't isolate your kids and prevent them from seeing gays you know. What if they decide they like gay people?Will you feel they are disloyal?
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:52 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I appreciate all the cartoons.They were hilarious and very inteligent. I GET IT....most people do.
    The examples of legal marriage were so funny and inappropriate.The "Gotta protect it from the queers" couple were just yukky.Pregnant bride, fugly groom with a dog. Woohoo. Ugh.
    The examples of supposedly ILLEGAL marriages were two people who are seriously committed and sincere in their love for each other.
    If you don't see the irony in that, then maybe you just aren't really thinking clearly.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:45 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I have been married 36 this year.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:20 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I notice you don't have any examples like my husband and  me. We will be married 67 years on May 5.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:31 PM on May. 2, 2012

• If I do not want my child to be gay (just saying) and my religious or other beliefs are such that I think it is wrong I would not want them to get the idea that it is ok.

This kind of statement made to a youth would only create turmoil, for being gay is not something that can be changed therefore being some sort of failure in the eyes of their parents....when children reach puberty and realize this is who they are, shame comes into play over something that is beyond anyone's control!

Answer by older at 8:37 PM on May. 2, 2012

• It has only become more "out there' with in the last several years So yes it is still not the norm. It has nothing to do with what I think is normal.
    For the sake of debate. Why does any parent restrict who their child s exposed to? Because it is their choice. I have known people who would not allow their child to play or be with anyone not of their own political party, sometheir own religioun.
    I have known some that would not allow their child to see the old and infirm.
    If I do not want my child to be gay (just saying) and my religious or other beliefs are such that I think it is wrong I would not want them to get the idea that it is ok. I would want to do everything in my power to keep them out of the news, exposure in the schools etc. I might not want my child associating with criminals and I would do eerything t keep them away rom that element, IF I were of that view.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:56 PM on May. 2, 2012

• How can it impact? It impacts what my children see and think is normal, or usual.
    ******************************************************************************************

Really? As if gay couples don't exist already? Who choose to spend their lives committed to each other? You cannot raise a child in the world today without them being "exposed" to what you deem to be unusual. How about we just segregate the gays and call it good?

Since this is the debate section, can I ask, what will happen if children were to see gay as being "normal"?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:29 PM on May. 2, 2012

• And I do agree bringing up failed marriages as opposed to gay marriages is apples and oranges. When gay marriage is legal, I am pretty sure that there will be gay divorce and 2 week marriages and a host of other things in the news. LOL People fail. Just the way it is.

I figure that one couple will get divorced the year or so after (that I know). Just saying and looking at the situation. Another IMO has a good chance to last until one of them dies.

The difference is that one is legal and one is not.

The difference fo me personally is a religious matter. Tat governs MY actions.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:03 PM on May. 2, 2012