Will they take the baby due to high bp ?

My sister is due at the end of May & they are admitting her to the hospital right now due to high blood pressure.. Will they take the baby today due to this ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they could !!! good luck to her
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:03 AM on May. 4, 2012

• She is back in the hospital for another 24 hours, GRRR.... Dr said she is not taking him until the 40 week mark, she is at the 38 mark
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Mom is doing good, they let her go home & put her on bed rest... Bp keeps going up & down, she has a dr appt today so we will see what they say.. Thank you everyone who answered, I was just a little worried.

& this is her first baby,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 PM on May. 7, 2012

• in 2 weeks, its a boy right? dosent she have another baby close n age
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 7:01 PM on May. 6, 2012

• how's the mother doing now?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:36 PM on May. 6, 2012

• My bp was always 130s/high 80's - low 90's when I was pregnant with my daughter. My doc had me on 1 baby asprin a day pretty much since I found out I was pregnant. I carried her to 41 weeks. I imagine that they will try to get it lower or keep it so that it doesnt go any higher than it is now before they decide to induce. And as rhianna said she is far along enough that even if they induce now chances are good that baby will be just fine.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:13 PM on May. 4, 2012

• For 138/94 more than likely they will just try to bring it down for now. I was induced for severe pre eclampsia and my bp was 210/117. Good luck to your sister, I hope the meds work and they get her bp down! But as far along as she is, even if they do induce at this point it is very likely that the baby would do just fine.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:16 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I was induced at 38weeks with my first because of High BP also, it sucked lemme tell ya :( Hopefully they can get your sister's BP lowered, if they don't try to induce today they might put her on bed rest for awhile... praying for her and the baby!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:02 PM on May. 2, 2012

• They will first try to lower he BP. If that doesn't work I would expect them to take the baby because it is dangerous to both mother and child. Good luck to her and her baby.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:59 PM on May. 2, 2012

• they will try to bring it down first but if they cant more then likey they will induce her
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2012