Any Suggestions?

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my third child and I am exhausted all the time. I can't shake it. I go to bed at 8pm..sleep all night until 6:30 ...and then am ready for a nap by 10am! This is crazy. Im getting nothing done around my house. I am barely working at my job. I am EXHAUSTED. I feel like Im eating all the right foods and Im trying to drink around 3 bottles of water a day...so please does anyone have some suggestion to shake this exhaustion?

ljliammama

Asked by ljliammama at 10:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get a blood workup to make sure you aren't anemic. Talk with your OB. You'll be able to find out if you need more vitamin supplements. Being in the second month is normal, but if your home life and job are suffering, you need to be checked. As your OB about the water intake, also. I'd have thought 8 cups a day, which 3 bottles wouldn't provide.

Answer by Bmat at 10:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 3 bottles of water is NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH! Also, are you taking vitamins? Try eating a good sustaining carb in the morning with some protein such as a whole wheat bagel with some natural peanut butter and an apple. I have a 12 month old and am 24 weeks pregnant, I am tired too, but you just gotta take care of your self and your kids.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yep I am taking my pre-natals. and its not like Im not motivated to care of myself or my kids...I physically can't. I am so tired Im falling asleep everywhere. If i sit down on the couch...within minutes Im gone...I've never experienced this with either of my previous pregnancy thats why Im at such a loss.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 10:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It's normal, and will get better in the second trimester. And don't be so hard on yourself about being tired -- your body is growing a human being! That takes a lot of work!
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 10:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• And with the 3 bottles of water Im drinking Im 14 oz short of the 64 oz daily recommended water intake. i honestly don't think that 14 oz would make that big of a difference...but maybe Im wrong. Ill try to kick the water intake up...but I am drinking other fruit juices during the day.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 10:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Being _tired_ in the second month is normal. (sorry for the typo) ^^^

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2009