Popcorn scorches on pan

I have never burnt popcorn on a pan before. DD did it last night and did a good job of it. I have tried salt and sos and even coca cola. I can not get the last scorches off my pan (inside)

Any ideas?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:16 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Vinegar - let soak overnight
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:14 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I use comet but once had to throw out a pan after my daughter burned popcorn.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:33 PM on May. 3, 2012

• do you use fabric softener sheets? if you do, take a used one, put it in the pan with about an inch of water (or enough to cover the spots) and let it soak overnight. i believe you use the sheet to scrub it too the next day.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:52 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Have you tried heating it up, add water and scratch the mark with a wooden spoon? That usually does the trick for me

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:10 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I put a little comet in the pan (cover the scorched area), add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan to about 1/4 full and bring to a gentle boil for a few minutes. Allow to cool and then scrub again to see if more comes off
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:26 PM on May. 2, 2012