Have you heard the news about Junior Seau? Very sad :(

It appears the 43 y/o retired NFL player died of a self-inflicted gsw to the chest. Another player did the same thing in Feb, 2011 in order to preserve his brain to study the effects of the constant blows to the head in these athletes. It's just so sad. You have to wonder how retirement can be when you're in your 40's but feel like you're in your 60's. RIP Junior!!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:49 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Speaking as someone who has lived with pain daily since I was 20 (due to RA and SLE), and who truly doesn't remember what it feels like to not hurt, I can understand even if I can't condone suicide. Living with daily pain (and I take no meds because I'm allergic to tylenol, motrin, nsaids, codeine, etc.) and knowing that it will never stop is sometimes extremely depressing. The part of me that keeps on plugging away also will note that at least he has a reason for his ~ and at the time, it was a reason that he felt was a top priority. Mostly I feel sad for his family, because now they have to live with a much different kind of pain ... and there are no pills to make it better for them.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:57 PM on May. 2, 2012

• It's all over my FB feed but, not being a follower of football I was in the dark.

Very sad story
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:51 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Absolutely a shocking story. It's all anyone is talking about in San Diego right now; he was very loved by the community.

What's even more bizarre is how many of the starters of the Chargers' 1994/95 Super Bowl team have died; I believe it's eight now.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 AM on May. 3, 2012

• It is very sad! :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:02 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I am never sad for those who take their own life only for their families.
    Let's face it they were happy with the money and the fame but everything has a price. retirement at 40 Ok still young enough to do something and enough money to do it. Body aches and pains well that is the real world for you. That his pains are worse than some one else's, well I am sure that there is some one who is out there that has it worse.
    I am sorry I am just not sorry for suicides.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:14 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I just heard this on the news. Makes me wonder why he did it.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 6:23 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I actually do feel bad for these guys. They're really only starting to take a serious look at the brain injuries these guys suffer on the field, week after week. Some of these guys end up with personality changes, early onset dementia, severe depression. To blow it off by saying, "oh well, that's what they got paid for" is a little heartless.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:59 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Very sad ;-(
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:17 AM on May. 3, 2012

• So sad.....
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:38 PM on May. 3, 2012