Venison Recipes

My dh brought home 60lbs of ground venison a couple months ago and I have been cooking with it so much that at this point hamburger tastes funny to us. But I am out of ideas of what to cook and today I'm exhausted and my creative brain has taken the day off, any ideas for good family meals using ground venison?

Asked by LadybugTash at 6:36 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Food & Drink

• It's good in chili, spaghetti, meatloaf, meatballs, sloppy joes ...or any other recipe ... mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with regular beef or pork to change the flavor a little.

Answer by NotTooWorried at 6:42 PM on May. 2, 2012

• We like to mix ground pork with ground venison and the add pepper and sage a touch of salt and bread crums and make sausage balls.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:42 PM on May. 2, 2012

• What ever you would use beef for use the venison. I love a good meat loaf.

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 6:45 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Why did they grind it all up? Surprised they didn't leave any backstrap or steaks ....

Answer by tasches at 7:13 PM on May. 2, 2012

• A friend at dh's work gave him the deer and dh didn't really know how to ask for different cuts. This is our first time with venison, next time I will go with him to the butchers.

Comment by LadybugTash (original poster) at 7:25 PM on May. 2, 2012

• you can send it to me! we have not had any deer meat in our freezer for a couple of years and we miss it. hubby processes it himself, and we usually just have roasts, but when i grind it i use it in anything i would use hamburger for.

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:38 PM on May. 2, 2012