Does anyone know how to clean the plastic in sipping cups. I have clogged milk that I can;t get out.

KathyH105

Asked by KathyH105 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try boiling it, my son always hides his and i find them later, ewww...i use my spray hose too on the sink the prssure pushes it out. If that does work i boil it to soften the milk.
    Katilina

Answer by Katilina at 10:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Q-tips.tooth pics. Soak it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Honestly I would throw them out ....I did....
    That old stuck on milk can get your child a nice stomach ace...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I PUT MINE IN THE DISH WASHER (IF YOU HAVE ONE) OR SOAK IT IN A BLEACH/DISH SOAP WATER SOLUTION THEN THE NEXT DAY USE A NIPPLE BRUSH (DID THIS WHEN HAD NO DISH WASHER) BUT THE HOSE IN THE SINK MIGHT WORK TOO BUT USE BLEACH OR BOIL IT AFTER IF NO DISH WASHER
    jamilian_mimi

Answer by jamilian_mimi at 10:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i have tried all the above and never got them 100% clean. So in the trash they go, i know some sippy cups brands sell just that plastic parts so you can replace them. i have foung that the Gerber has the plastic piece that nothing can get stuck in and personally i found that they are the best sippy cups in general. The First Years makes a cup that doesn't use those plastic parts, i like them also, plus they have Elmo and the Princesses on the cups.
    LR4VR

Answer by LR4VR at 1:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree with the above poster. I have tried everything and I always end up missing something. It's not worth the hassle. Just throw them out
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree with louise2, a toothpick and hot water will get all that gunk out....why would you throw away a perfectly good sippy if there is a way to efficently clean it? Thats just wasteful and makes no sence.
    Anonymous

• It takes a little extra time but a toothpick and hot water will do the trick...I would have thrown out many a sippys and wasted a lot of money if I hadent just taken an extra moment to clean the little buggers :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 6:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I use vinager to get the funk out. It really helps with that awful stink too. I have heard that denture cleaner helps too but it's never come to that. I have only thrown one out after it spent a summer under my seat in the car. it was beyond help!
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009