Sick baby laying downhill?

I propped my daughters mattress up because she's sick and now she turned around and is lying down hill. Is that ok?

jessicer421

Asked by jessicer421 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you propped it up to help her sinuses drain, and now she is sleeping downhill, then the sinuses won't be draining, they'll be stopping up more. If she won't sleep propped up you should put the mattress back down. Give her a hug for me. I hope you don't mind, but the idea of the little one sleeping upside down makes me smile. :) Dear baby. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• No, it's ok!! It is kinda cute. She does lay up hill a little, but she's 10 momnths old and moves around A LOT! It worked great for her last night. She finally slept well last night and i'm sick too so we both needed it. Thanks for the advise! i'll be sure to give her a hug for you! :)
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You know what worked really well for me a couple of weeks ago when my daughter had a cold? Pediacare makes a diffuser that you plug in and fills the room with eucalyptus, peppermint, etc. vapors. It is non-medicated but it really helped open my daughter's sinuses while she slept. I found it in Wal-Mart in the medication section near the children's cold medication.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• you could put her in a swing and let her sleep in that if she wont sleep the right way in the bed. my daughter had rsv and i put her in her swing and it worked great she started breathing a lot better when she slept
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009