Teacher gift ideas?

Do you buy the teachers something at the end of the year? If so, what? I am looking for some cute ideas. Which next week is teacher appreciation week, maybe I should give it to them then?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 9:27 PM on May. 2, 2012 in General Parenting

• We don't. I think about it but I never follow through.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:29 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Yes we do. I usually stick to gift cards to Target or Starbucks if I know they drink coffee...
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 9:29 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I always recommend a handwritten letter of appreciation or if you feel you MUST get something, a small gift card for pretty much any store (Walmart, Target, Staples etc) that they can buy supplies. Even if it is just $5. It will be appreciated. As a teacher, I don't need another mug, pin or paper weight. All I need to to know I am appreciated.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:33 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I have my son draw a picture and write something telling them how much he appreciated them teaching him. Last year his K teacher is well know for loving teddy bears and he saw a cute teddy bear magnet for a couple bucks that he asked to give her. Not sure what we are doing this year gift wise, but still the letter of course.
    Anonymous

• I am a teacher as well, and it really isn't necessary, but it is common for parents to send something. The most appreciated thing for me is when parents ask me for what I need in the classroom. Most of the stuff isn't expensive on its own, but it adds up...pencils, sticky notes, folders, dry-erase markers, etc. Haha...that's my list at the moment, actually :) I'm down to 2 functioning markers, no sticky notes, and about half a box of pencils!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:54 PM on May. 2, 2012

• the only thing i considered at any point this year was some of the aromatherapy items from bath and body works - the stress relief and energy lotions, specifically. never got there to get them for our teachers though. we do not do end of the year gifts, and during teacher appreciation week (in february at our school) suggested gifts are dry erase markers, red pens, baked goods, things like that.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:16 PM on May. 2, 2012

• A thank you note from your child
    A gift card to a "teacher store"

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 AM on May. 3, 2012