Rent apartment or house?

Ahhh help. I can't decide whether to rent a house or an apartment!? Which one is easier to get into, hard to show income (complicated business owner).. What would you pick and why? Got kids, got a small dog, and am single...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Home & Garden

• House. Privacy. Either one you'll have to show income.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:30 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Oh I know. Everyone I know who rents a house don't have to jump through as many hoops like the ones who live in apartments.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Renting is about the same process either way. I would rather rent a house because I don't want to share my walls. I was always afraid my neighbor would leave a candle or curling iron or cigarette and burn the building down when I lived in an apartment. Also, I would want a yard for my kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:38 PM on May. 2, 2012

• After 3 fires in 6 months at our apartments, my vote is a house.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:41 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Get a house apartments have roach problems and u cant get rid of them plus its lots of rules and my neighbor is really loud i reported him twice and still he is fn louderrrrr run to a house now lol
    starrburst21

Answer by starrburst21 at 9:56 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I also vote: house.

Nice with a yard for the kids + dog, and it's more private.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:56 PM on May. 2, 2012

• The plus side with an apartment is that you don't have to do any outside maintenance. With a house, you have to mow the lawn, shovel the sidewalk (if you live where it snows), rake the leaves, etc. But there is more privacy with a house. I rented a duplex for about 4 years, it was great. Privacy of the house but not as big for maintenance purposes. Good luck!
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2012

• i personally could never live in an apartment. whatever you choose, do not forget renters insurance!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:14 PM on May. 2, 2012

• after comparing size to price today with my DD and her BF, apartments are OUT of their minds- the same price for 2 BR 1 BA 700 sq ft Apt when they can rent a 3 br house 1000 sq ft and up for the same price.

GL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2012

• we rent a house in a very residential neighborhood. we have 3 bedrooms 2 full baths and a finished basement and the washer/dryer and yard are heavenly. we have huge climbers and swings for the kids but the luxury of it the roof leaks, someone else pays for it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:24 AM on May. 3, 2012