Guest of honor?

Who is the guest of honor at a shower? I'm new at this!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• The person who is getting the gifts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Thanks!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The guest of honor is the person who is being honored....the one who is getting the gifts, the one who is pregnant, one getting married, etc.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• They are the guest of honor, however, sadly too many people these days don't seem to understand that as the GUEST of honor, they DO NOT get to dictate the menu, where it is, how much is spent on it, etc. A shower, whether it's for a baby or a wedding, is a GIFT that is given by the people who choose to host it for the guest of honor, and since they are the ones giving it (and paying for it, and organizing it), it's up to them to decide how big a gift they want (or are able to) give.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• What I'm saying is, if you are hosting a shower for someone, then you should be doing it because you want to, not because the guest of honor says you have to, and you should never give into the pressure to give a bigger, more expensive, or more elaborate shower than you can comfortably afford - both in time and money.

A good friend who was the guest of honor should understand it's a gift and not try to pressure you to do more than that - otherwise, it's not a celebration of whatever event, it's a gift grub by someone who wants to use their friends and family.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• BTW = that doesn't mean that the hostess of the event can't ask the guest of honor her opinion on guest list, menu, etc. But they shouldn't be dictated to by them.

(lol - can you tell I've been burned, hosting a party for a couple who totally took advantage of me.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I offered to do this for her.
    Anonymous