so i went on the HR BLOCK website

i did the calculation that would give me an estimate on how much we maybe gettin back on our taxes and they figured it out, but my question is they have a part to put for how much on real estate and i put our taxes on our house that we have to pay this year so do they already subtract that from our taxes and then they show us the amount or does it show us an amount and then when we recieve it then we pay them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• H AND R BLOCK DID MY ESTIMATE WRONG ID TRY TO DO IT ON turbo tax .com its free trial to! and they help you better
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would think the latter but not sure if they can set it up so that it is taken out or not. sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• real estate taxes is an "above the line" deduction which means it affects your taxable income (not your tax). So it would have to be included in the tax calculation, not just subtracted from your tax total.
    Anonymous