I know I know a 2nd time mom should Know these things...

Ok I have one of those hopital cup (from when my son was born) it is 32 ounces.. around how many a day should I be drinking?
Oh BTW I am 11 weeks... If ya needed to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Half your body weight in water is a good place to start, IMO.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• In ounces I mean!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA d'oh

So like I would drink only 50 oz a day......laughing

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 92oz
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 11:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 8 glasses a day 12 oz a glass opps 96oz
    bugandsmiles

• Drink when you're thirsty. It is a common misconception that we need so much plain water a day when in fact, we get water from soda, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Those drinks are mostly water. Of course, you need to drink it, but just drink when you're thirsty and you will be getting enough. Your body knows what it needs, you don't need to push to drink when you're not thirsty.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was told by a midwife to drink a gallon of water a day. Ugh! Talk about being in the bathroom the whole day. I find that drinking 3-32 oz bottles works well for me. And I cut down in the evenings, so I'm not in the bathroom all night long.
    You may have to just experiment a bit to find what works for you.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Actually you do need a certain amount of "clean" water a day that you don't get from soda. Your body may have known when it was thirsty when you were a kid, but you have probably learned to ignore it over the years and it is a good idea to be more aware.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Wow I'm 37weeks and wasn't aware I was supposed to be measuring out drinks of water.
    I just drink when I'm thirsty..
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009