I need advice please.

I am 31 weeks pregnant and am having this, my third child, by scheduled c-section and my health professional totally let me down. Before you get all "Don't have a c-section" please read. When I say scheduled C-section I do not mean elective. I mean it is necessary but I get to set the date as opposed to going into labor first to get the section. My first child was born my emergency c-section, which carries many more risks and complications, pain and downtime than a scheduled c-section. That is why i chose to have my second child by sched. section. Sched. sections are much easier on the mother and baby. Calmer and well planned. After my 911 section I was in alot of pain with quite a few complications not only from the surgery itself but also because of the care I received. With my second child I had a wonderful experience. View first answer for the rest of the problem...Lol I am long winded. (cont)

Lovemybabies885

Asked by Lovemybabies885 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can refuse and tell her to find a better option. This is about you and your baby, not what is more convenient for them. You had a bad experience and you have the right to refuse to go there. If she is unable or unwilling to do anything, it's not too late to find someone who will. Good luck.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ???????????????????????

Where is your question?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Anyway, I found out today that my doctor won't even be there when I have my surgery. She is going to refer me to the women's health center associated with the hospital. That they will set up the date and get everything ready. But she can't refer me until my 38th week but she "will do her best to get me in by the 39th week". A stranger will be doing my surgery. I am so very afraid right now. I was worried anyway because my first son was born at this same hospital by emergency c-section and they did a terrible job. They made something wonderful into one of the worst experiences of my life. So I was already worried about having to go back there. My SO is really upset about this as well since his tactic to make me feel better about the hospital is that this time, unlike the first time I will have one doctor.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The first time around my prenatal care and everything associated with my son's birth was handled by the very same women's health center associated with the hospital...Sound familiar anyone?! We got strung along until we can't go anywhere else and now they tell me that my life and the life of our baby are in the hands of strangers. And I can't do anything about it. My SO is on the warpath now because we were lied to about something that is pretty important. does anyone have any idea what in the name of all that is good and holy I can do?!
    Lovemybabies885

• Problem being that all the doctors in the area we talked to told us the only place that would take me this far along is guess where?! MAHEC...I feel so hopeless.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• YAY The doctor that delivered my second child will take me back to deliver this one too
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009