I have a 3wk old dd

and I was reading when she would get her shots and how many and there are like 5 that she would get at once everytime because now they dont give them at 9m like they did with my son. How do i go about delaying some or making it to were she would get less and maye have them give her a few at her 9m instead? I really dont want to have her get that many at once every time she goes til she is 12m. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just tell the doctor you want to do things differently. You might get a little bit of a fight from them but stand your ground. This is your choice. You can go over the shots and make a plan with your doctor to decide a new schedule.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I did not give my DD any shots until she was 4, they are less likely to get autism if you wait until they are toddlers. Tell your Dr. you want to wait, they can't do anything about it but aggree. There is no law that you have to get them until they start school.

i don't believe that shots cause autiesm, I''m reading currently that shots combined w/ certain genetics is what does it. But better safe than sorry.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• u really should follow the recommended schedule. they wouldnt give babies so many shots if they couldnt handle it. that is whats reccommended so they dont get diseases and die from it when they were easily preventable! my son will get every last vaccination cuz i dont want my sweet little baby to get really sick when it could have been prevented. the dr has to listen to u if u want to delay them but why would u want to risk your childs health?
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I dint say delay them completely just a couple there are a few that they can get in a 6m period. I think she should have them but not that many at once.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Sears Delayed Vaccination Schedule. Here is an example. http://thedailyhammond.blogspot.com/2008/05/dr-sears-alternate-vaccine-schedule.html

Anonymous

• At two months they get four then at four months they get three they wont give them more than for at a time. give her the shots so she can stay healthy.
    Anonymous

• they get 3 shots and an oral vaccine at 2 months, 4 months and 6 months.. same shots.. same oral vaccine. If your DD tolerates them well then I'd continue the vacc schedule.. You could always split them up, but most babies handle the 3 together really well. If you have a problem then certainly split them up and spread them out.. our plan if she didn't tolerate the 3 together well was to do them one at a time, 3-4 weeks apart from eachother, (shot 1, shot 2, shot 3) and the boosters a month from when the shots were done. You'd have to actually look at a calendar and figure that out, but we didnt' end up using it. We will be separating the next round of shots tho so that she gets one at a year and the other at 11 months and separate the boosters accordingly as well. Good luck
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Just tell the doctor that you want her to have no more then X amount of shots per visit.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• just say so. the dr can have an opposing opinion but you decide when & how many. just be careful what you sign. my POS pedi tried to get me to sign something saying that i knew i was risking my daughter's life by not getting the shots.
    Anonymous

• Just talk to the doctor about your desire to spread them out. If he won't do it or gives you what you feel is too much hassle, shop around for another doctor.

I'm a "vaccinate on schedule" person, but firmly believe if you're not comfortable with a doctor or the doctor won't take into consideration your personal beliefs...it's time to move on...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009