wachovia settlement checks?

I got a check yesterday from Wachovia. Apparently I'm part of a list of people that were taken advantage of and had unauthorized debits from my account back in 2004. I've checked with BBB and the Dept of Justice website and it seems to check out, but I was wondering, has anyone heard of this settlement or received a check too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• hmm, thats wierd but nice if it is legit. Do you remember if you had unauthorized debits around that time.You may call the bank the check is issued off of the make sure it is good. it is still a shame that it took them that long to correct these things if they really happended. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• i dont bank with the same bank anymore. i used to be with amsouth, before it changed, now i'm at compass. I do remember having something weird on my acct before we closed it back that year.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would contact Wachovia directly and ask if it is legitimate!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Be VERY careful, a lot of"Debt" letters are going out to people and are scams.. if you are truly afraid, call Wachovia, then call or contact your banks to discuss this with them, they will tell you if it is legit or not, or they will suggest an agent to you.. There are numbers on the checks that can be traced if you know what to look for. You can also ask your local police dept.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Why am I not surprised we had our last car payment through them and I was never so glad to get it paid off, Never again will we finance anything through them, Of course Wells Fargo bought them out and they are not much better!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• the BBB lists the same number that is typed on my letter...
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009