Do you think this is racist?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2138671/Ashton-Kutchers-racist-commercial-pulled-backlash-horrified-viewers.html

Let me just say I hate Ashton Kutcher there is just something about him that I cannot stand. But this ad I am not sure. Insensitive. Yes Racist Maybe What do you think?

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 9:37 AM on May. 3, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I think racism is in the eye of the beholder. It would be easy for me to sit back as a white woman, laughing at a white man playing an Indian stereotype and accuse others as being too sensitive, but if part of that community finds it racist, then who am I to say their feelings are not valid?
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:50 AM on May. 3, 2012

• oh give me a freakin break, people!! he's an actor doing an act!!
    this stupid world has become so overly-sensitive...people need their momma's tit, i guess.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:40 AM on May. 3, 2012

• I didn't see anything raciest about it. Thought it was funny. People need to remove that politically correct stick out of their butt and realize that they need not find something about everything to be offended with.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:43 AM on May. 3, 2012

• people are overly sensitive. When the White Chicks movie was done everyone though it was halrious. Now that a white man dresses as a black man everyone freaks.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:47 AM on May. 3, 2012

• I was thinking the same thing Lost. They did alot of dif. things in that movie. What Ashton (I don't care much for him) did was no dif. from the store scean in that movie or what SNL ever did.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 9:59 AM on May. 3, 2012

• lostsoul, my point exactly!!!!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:52 AM on May. 3, 2012

• Stupid maybe,, racist no.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:26 AM on May. 3, 2012

• I really don't care for Ashton, but racist??? not in the least!! I actually thought it was kinda funny. I think people take things too literal. People need to have a sense of humor and get their undies out of a bunch. I think this is why I like to watch a lot of things from overseas because they don't hold back and can laugh at themselves.

And also, good point LostSoul... That would be like me getting made bacause they are saying that blondes are all dumb. Well I have natural blonde hair... should I sue?? lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:31 AM on May. 3, 2012

• I thought it was funny, I agree with the other ladies who say people need to get over the whole political correctness thing. I didn't see anything in it that was racist.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 10:32 AM on May. 3, 2012

• This is one reason racism will always exist. Times like this when it's not really even an issue the racism card is played. it will always be there, no matter if we like it or not. (sigh)
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:42 AM on May. 3, 2012