5 week old just diagnosed with GERD

just looking for tips and advice from moms who've been through it before. Any products you couldn't live without?

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 1:04 PM on May. 3, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aw, I hear ya. My DS had this. I think the cloth diapers work best for spit ups and gripe water is fantastic :) I found the mylicon drops to not work, but know alot of moms that swore by them :) Good luck, it will get better!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 3:00 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I've been through it with my boys and DD was a serious spitter, but happy.

I would watch for signs of milk protein allergy, which can make GERD worse, so I always eliminated all dairy from my diet when nursing, or using soy formula when I needed formula.

I loved having a sling and a swing (if I needed to put baby down.) We also elevated the mattress and held baby upright/slant but not lying down flat for 20-30 minutes after a feed. Zantac did nothing for my boys, but Prevacid Solutabs worked like a charms (you crush them, put on baby's tongue and it dissolves and tastes 1000% better than the Zantac.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:12 PM on May. 3, 2012

• sorry !!! what's GERD ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:01 AM on May. 4, 2012

• a more severe type of reflux. You can search it on google
    CJM_SHM

Comment by CJM_SHM (original poster) at 11:43 AM on May. 4, 2012

• mylocin baby gas drops
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 6:19 PM on May. 6, 2012

• i'v read on CM that rise could help for reflux (it keeps milk down) , i've no idea if it's true or not , wish i could help more
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:09 AM on May. 8, 2012