WHY MY 17TH YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IS SO MOODY??????

MY DAUGHTER CHANGE MOOD LIKE THE WEATHER I THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG SHE GET MAD OR THE LEASE LITTLE THING AND BLOW IT UP TO SOMETHING VERY BIG. SHE IS A NICE AND LOVING AND BEAUTIFUL CHILD AS LONG AS EVERYTHING IS GOING HER WAY BUT IF SOMETHING IS NOT GOING HER WAY SHE GET MAD AND I REALLY MEAN MAD. SHE CHANGE FRIENDS LIKE PEOPLE CHANGE CLOTHES SOMEONE IS ALWAYS MAD AT HER BECAUSE OF SOMETHING??? THE OTHER DAY A FRIEND OF HERS SAID SHE SEND HER A PICTURE OF HER CUTTING HERSELF AND LOOKING AT IT BLEED. SHE SAYS SHE MISSED MY MOM WHO PASSED ABOUT 4 YEAR AGO AND THE OTHER THINGS IS SHE JUST FOUND LOT ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THAT MY HUSBAND IS NOT HER BIRTH DAD BUT HE HAS NEVER TREATED HER ANY DIFFERENT HE HAS ALWAYS HAS TREATED HER AS HIS OWN DAUGHTER. I DON'T KNOW WAT WRONG WITH MY CHILD BUT I THINK SHE IS IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP!!!! IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO I AND OPEN TO ALL ANSWER.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Get her some counseling.

Anonymous

• 17 is a hard age for any average teen. Yours has some pretty big issues to work through. Finding a therapist/counselor..whomever to talk to should be high on your list of priorities. Teens who get life altering info (like her Dad) can nose dive out of control pretty quickly without help.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Believe it or not teen girls often harbor true feelings and take it out on others. She may be having a seriously hard time dealing with the things going on and dont know how to express them. The fact that she sent the picture means she wanted someone to be aware of what she was doing, like Im telling type deal. Its a silent cry for help. I would seriously suggest counseling in which she may rebel against but its worth a try. Because you have proof of self harm a residential treatment center would take her immediatly and put counseling into action.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree with the above posters....seek out some counseling for her as well as some medical treatment. She may also be suffering from depression or bi-polar issues that require some medication to get under control.
    brittandpjsmom

Answer by brittandpjsmom at 7:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• cutters usually have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) . Folks with BPD also have severe moods swings. There are groups here for that. Try reading Stop Walking on Eggshells or I hate You Don't Leave ME or Sometimes I Act Crazy. Check out bpd online as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My SD did the cutting and picture sending too! I thought she was the only one! She has been diagnosed with BPD, is on meds and is stable now. She made up some untrue reasons for her bevahiors too, probably because she didn't have a logical reason why. Get her medical treatment and monitor her closely. Our situation got worse before it got better, so you might expect that too.
    VondaStepmom

Answer by VondaStepmom at 10:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• can you say pissed at the world put your self in your daughters shoes here you go threw life thinking you are one person and now find out 6 months ago at 17 you are totally someone different not good i would be a bit up set my self if that had happen too me as a child the one person you think you can totally trust and not lie to you goes and does this too you its like the world ends talk to her about this and ask her if she wants too talk about it and maybe find her real dad she has this right it may hurt you and your new husband but its her right she is his daughter after all
    Anonymous