Happy Foster Care Month! Do you know one of these special parents or kids?

On my little street we have 8 adopted children, 6 from Foster Care! <3

adopteekjt

Asked by adopteekjt at 3:26 PM on May. 3, 2012 in Adoption

• My parents 5 out of 6 of us are adopted
    Many of my friends either do foster care or have adopted as well

happy foster care month to you as well
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:28 PM on May. 3, 2012

• Ive been a respite foster care parent, and I currently work with many adults who are full time foster care parents. (I work with the bio-parents, trying to give them the skills to get their children back if possible) The vast majority of foster parents are amazing people!!! If I could bottle their love, compassion and common sense, I could save the world!!!!

Happy Foster Care Month!!!!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:46 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I have fostered in the past and probably will again when my kids are older, so I know a lot of the foster parents in our community. I didn't know it was foster care month though! Cool!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:58 PM on May. 3, 2012

• My parents have been foster parents for as long as I can remember. My two youngest siblings were adopted out of the foster system at 10 and 14. My parents still take in foster kids.

My DH and I are foster parents as well.

Having grown up in the foster care community I know most of the local foster parents and many of the children that have been through the system. I am still good friends with some of them.

HAPPY FOSTER CARE MONTH!!!
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I know lots, but didn't know that there was a Foster Care month. :) Seems so weird to say "Happy" in front of foster care, but that's nice to have the recognition. Maybe it brings more awareness to the needs of foster care children. We adopted our son from foster care a few years ago. Love him so much! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:20 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Yes.The wonderful woman that teaches search and reunion in conferences across the country was/is a Foster mom.She is the facilitator in the adoptee/birthmom support group in real life I belong to.She  succesfully intervened with my wicked evil agency.Ok enough of that

She fostered and adopted a brother and sister and another boy.They were grade school age and had all been sent back by at least 3 F to A homes.She had a bio daughter. She said when she saw her daughter, before she was her daughter, had been sent back to the group home on Christmas day from her F to A she knew what she had to do.They of course had problems but are now stable adults.Oh ya she had always worked with foster kids .She is a LCSW.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:54 PM on May. 4, 2012