I sometimes hate my kids school PTA.. Wwyd?

I wasn't chosen to work field day but they just emailed me asking if I can buy ten cases of water? Umm no. I baked everything or the schools Christmas with Santa program didn't even get a thank you, only the parents who were chosen to pass out the goodies got thank you letters. I don't want the kids to go without it geeze I really want o say no. Wwyd?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 3:36 PM on May. 3, 2012 in

• I'm with squish.
    And I hate our PTA, too. Its run by nothing but a bunch of mindless, spin-classes&tennis girls who do nothing but ignore and look down on everyone else, until they need gruntwork done. And they pat each others backs...not the time/money/talent of regular ol' parent-members. I volunteer for the individual teachers, not the PTA.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:55 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I would tell them NO. They will get the water for Field Day. My son's elementary school REQUIRED the PTA to have bottled water for Field Day. The kids are outside doing physical activities and need water to stay hydrated. Unfortunately, the officers of the PTA are usually stuck on themselves helicopter parents.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:17 AM on May. 4, 2012

• i can't believe they had the gall (or is it stupidity?) to ask this of you the day before the event. that's like my dh 'forgetting' about Christmas.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:24 PM on May. 3, 2012

• Alrighty... just tell them no. Jerks.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2012

• It's in the morning.
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2012

• When is field day?

We are having an end of the year family BBQ the day before field day so I contacted wal-mart and another local grocery store and asked for food/water donation. They each gave us a $25.00 gift card. You just have to fill out a form. Can you try that?

I also got a couple of donations and made a donation on behalf of the business. They should not ask one parent to do it all because they plan poorly.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2012

• Like 10 cases at about $4 each? They are nuts!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:06 PM on May. 3, 2012

• Yeah I told em I would supply a few and drop them off in the am. I am not buying them all.
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 4:02 PM on May. 3, 2012

• "a bunch of mindless, spin-classes&tennis girls who do nothing but ignore and look down on everyone else, until they need gruntwork done. And they pat each others backs"

Exactly!

It's becoming increasingly apparent that I have unresolved PTA rage. LOL
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:02 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I get it because I just do......dealing with PTA and other such organizations at the school. I would email them telling them that I am willing to buy a couple of cases of water, but not 10. That's really asking a lot. At our school, they have a special brunch for all the volunteers, no matter what they volunteer for. That way everyone gets the exact same thank you at the exact same time.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:54 PM on May. 3, 2012