I sometimes hate my kids school PTA.. Wwyd?

I wasn't chosen to work field day but they just emailed me asking if I can buy ten cases of water? Umm no. I baked everything or the schools Christmas with Santa program didn't even get a thank you, only the parents who were chosen to pass out the goodies got thank you letters. I don't want the kids to go without it geeze I really want o say no. Wwyd?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 3:36 PM on May. 3, 2012 in

• I'm with squish.
    And I hate our PTA, too. Its run by nothing but a bunch of mindless, spin-classes&tennis girls who do nothing but ignore and look down on everyone else, until they need gruntwork done. And they pat each others backs...not the time/money/talent of regular ol' parent-members. I volunteer for the individual teachers, not the PTA.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:55 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I would offer to buy maybe 5, 10 is alot. I would just suck it up and do it. Don't sweat the small stuff and this seems small.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:38 PM on May. 3, 2012

• If it were me I would do it but not before I told them exactly what you've said here. You don't mind helping but you expect to be acknowledged by the PTA leader when you contribute.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2012

• I would say, "sorry I am unavailable for that this time, thanks for thinking of me." and leave it at that. Then get your own kid water. Sheesh, why is the PTO buying water anyway?? Are there no drinking fountians where they will be?
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:40 PM on May. 3, 2012

• There is one fountain for an entire school. They give out waters with the lunches. But like its the day before you couldn't of tried to say something sooner Kwim?
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2012

• Are you doing it for the thank you note and acknowledgement or for the kids?
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:43 PM on May. 3, 2012

• oh heck no not the day before, earlier sure I would have but I agree with Brawn- tell them how you feel! I dont like boosters and PTA's at all
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:44 PM on May. 3, 2012

• "Are you doing it for the thank you note and acknowledgement or for the kids?"

Not the point. We hope to teach our children proper manners and school would seem an appropriate extension of common courtesy. PTA's are notorious for leeching parents to death and then bopping on down the road.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:44 PM on May. 3, 2012

• 10 cases is a lot to ask of you & I would be a lil' upset that I got no thank you for all that baking at xmas time....I'd offer to help buy some but not all 1o forget that don't be taken advantage of. JMO..... : D
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:45 PM on May. 3, 2012

• Ok point is I don't attach myself to the presidents tit so I never get recognition for anything but I'm the fall back person. Do you thinkmid spend two days baking to get a note, no. I did it for the kids because had it not been for me there would of been no baked goods for their cookies with Santa. It's just a bunch of bs tbh.
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 3:46 PM on May. 3, 2012