videotaping??

has anyone had their labor videotaped and how do you feel about it? my husband and i are getting divorced so he wont be with me but my parents will and dad just got a new videocamera he said hes using lol. not down there of course but do people do this anymore? idk how i feel about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• our hospital wouldn't allow any video or photography during baby labor. but before and in the postpartum room was no problem.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• im going to get mine video taped...i want to remember this forever...AND if my daughter is scared and wants to know what its like ill tell her i have her videotaped...BUT i highly doubt shes REALLY gonna wanna see that lol...but i hope u know where im getting at..

to me..its a memory i want to remember forever :)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have gone back and forth on this. I thought I wanted it at first, but I think I have changed my mind.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• We had a video camera and we taped everything. My cousin kept it above waist until the baby was actually out. After having watched the video, I kind of wished I told her to get it all. I wanted to be able to see more. Next time we'll get everything. We'll be very discovery channel.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ahh no way!!
    I could barely watch the videos in my prenatal class. I couldn't imagine having to relive my own.
    My hospital gives you the option of having mirrors set up so you can watch.
    Maybe I'm immature but I would NOT want that videotaped. I think it would scare the crap out of me having to watch while it's happening, too.
    I know people say it's natural and beautiful, and that's great, I still don't want to see it lol.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I really wanted to have my delivery taped, but our hospital doesn't allow that or pictures being taken. Only after the baby is delivered, then you can take pictures. I think that it should be up to the women to make that option. I was so mad when I wasn't able to videotape mine. It is a piece of your life, and a VERY important one at that!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• No we didn't we did take before and after pictures. I am glad we did. I just wish we had taken more. Take alot!
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2009