Is there a difference in how you approach potty training boys and girls?

We haven't started yet, but I am trying to plan ahead and come up with a potty training strategy for my boy/girl twins. What are the major differences you encounter when potty traing boys vs. potty training girls? Is there is a method that works equally well for boys and for girls? Also, if you've trained more than one child at a time, did you need two potty chairs? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not sure if you are a fan of jon and kate plus 8, but my son likes to watch it, so anyways, we saw their potty training episodes, and they had like 4 or 5 potties. i am trying to potty train my 2 1/2 year old right now. i tell him he can have a cookie or at my moms house he gets tootsie rolls if he goes, and you can't ask them if they hav to go, you just have to take them every 20 minutes or so until they get the hang of it, i also read that you can potty train in like 3 or 4 days if ou will stay home and not go anywhere for those days (blah) and keep them in undies or just naked. good luck girl!
    Logansmommy81

Answer by Logansmommy81 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

•  I only have boys so i can only help you with the boy one, I used cheerios in the potty and both enjoyed going to the restroom it was like a game to them. It worked for me hope it will work for you. Good Luck

FTBALLMOF2BOYS

Answer by FTBALLMOF2BOYS at 1:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My son peed outside, then my husband showed him how to go inside. Worked within a few days. He had just turned 2.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the answers!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2009