Is it possible to be 7 weeks pregnant and still not show up on a HPT?

I have all the symptoms nausea,tender breasts,skipped period( only slight brown spotting on the 5 of Jan.),headaches, and I'm breaking out like a teenager, and odd cravings for sweets when they used to always give me stomach aches with the smallest amount. I've taken several tests and they all said no but my body still feels pregnant. Also the past week my abdomen has been very sore( I have to unbutton and unzip my pants when I drive or sit down) I don't understand this!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well personally i would like to know the same thing I took a hpt the wek I missed my period and it was a bfn and still I am having the same things as you but haven't took another hpt so I am going to wait until this weekend and see i would be seven weeks if I am
    Anonymous

• absolutely!!! Go get a blood test!! Some people don't produce enough hormone to trigger the pos test result but you still could be!! A good test to try if you've been using others is the First Response test. A good friend of mine had 4 neg tests and used the first response and it came up pos.. it tests a different hormone. Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY possible. When I was pregnant with my son it took forever for me to come up with a positive HPT. I used the first response tests and they all came up negative. FINALLY, when I was 1 day shy of being 3 weeks late I got a positive test on a dollar store test. I was definitely pregnant, but it just wouldnt come up on an HPT. My son is now almost 11 months old.. its definitely possible. Dont give up. You should probably talk to your doctor, perhaps he/she could get you a blood test to confirm. Best Wishes.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 3:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009