I would like to know what do you think of the name "Azalia"

I would like to know everyones opinion of the name "Azalia" for a girl, without knowing the definition of the name.

the definition of the name means:

God has spared. to refrain from harming or destroying; leave uninjured; to deal gently; show consideration for; to set aside for a particular purpose.

I'm considering this name because I was going through an extreme amount of stress in the first trimester and I could've lost my baby, thank God I didn't.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINION JUST BY HEARING THE NAME.

beautifullgq

Asked by beautifullgq at 12:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i personally dont like it, but it means something to you, and you like it.. then GO FOR IT!! :)

dont let other peoples opinions stop you. you can put them into consideration but in the end its alllll up to you :)

congrats on your baby!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I love it...........it rolls of your tongue. When you say it, you cant help but invision beauty..........Congrts on your baby :)
    PracticalMagick

Answer by PracticalMagick at 12:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a beautiful flower! Good luck with the names. Don't listen to everyone just do what you want. I let my MIL hear our name choices and she dogged them and it hurt my feelings. If Azalia is what you like...go for it.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 12:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I like it, it sounds like the flower Azalea. Congrats!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think it is a very beautiful and unusual name. Without knowing the meaning, I pictured a beautiful, delicate flower... I think you should go with it...

My youngest daughter's name is Aleia....pronounced A' lee a'. Everyone who hears it thinks it's beautiful. Actually, there have been 3 girls born since her who have been given the name because the mom's heard it and thought it was so beautiful. They are all spelled differently though. Ex: Aleia, Aleah, Aaliyah,,,,,

You go with what you love and I guarantee soon everyone will be using that name too!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It is a flower when spelled Azalea. It is a small flowering bush. They're pretty and come in blue, pink, purple, and white. It is a nice name but as soon as i read it I thought "flowering bush". The meaning is really cool though. I think having a name with a meaning that profound and important to you would be awesome.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It reminds me of the flower name. I'd say if you really like it, use it. The meaning is beautiful and it has significance to you. You don't want to regreat not using it, and if you are unsure you could always use it as her middle name instead.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 1:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It makes me think of the bright and beautiful flowers, pretty! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Makes me think of flowers... sounds nice, and has a lovely special meaning... Go for it.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I like it :) I have a friend whose daughter's name is Zaliya
    SherriPontious

Answer by SherriPontious at 3:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009