Ugh >

So according to my last doctors visit, which was thursday last week, I'm 75% efaced (sp?) and 2 cm dialated. For one I'd like to know if the 75% is counting up or down. Also, (here comes the whiny part) when will I go into labor and is there anything I can do to speed it along (besides sex and walking 'cause apparently those aren't working). I've only had a few braxon-hicks contractions and have otherwise have felt overly 'good' as in like I'm not pregnant at all other than having a big belly.

Please no 'the baby will come when ready' comments because, other than them being really irritating at this moment, it has nothing to do with the baby itself and more so to do with the woman's body. Any advise is appreciated, thank you ^_^

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 12:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the 75% effaced means you have 25% left to thin out... but that doesnt really mean much :( you can be 100% and nothing happens. nice right?

and as far as bringing on the labor... have you tried bouncing on a bouncy ball and accupressure?

ive done all these PLUS walking and sex and nothing as well :(

lol if you find out.. let me know :)

good luck sorryi couldnt really help its frustrating isnt it?
    Anonymous

• 75% effaced is great! It means you're almost all the way thinned out, which helps with dilitation. Not to be a downer, but I was 4 cm and 80% effaced for 4 weeks before my 3rd baby was born.
    That said, I planned the birth of all of my children with Castor Oil. Not saying I condone it, but it worked for me.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 12:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree with the others...you're nearly completely effaced, but that doesn't mean dialation will come any faster... with my 2nd child, I was completely effaced, and about 4 centimeters dialated and in labor for 23 hours. The dialation decided to reverse, and I started closing back up so I had to have an emergency c-section...
    Walking, riding down bumpy backroads, sex....nothing worked for me either. I was even planting flowers in my yard at 11 pm one night to try to speed it along. No such luck....I felt absolutely awesome in my 9th month all 3 times. IT was the best months of my life. I had energy to spare, I cleaned everything in sight, I felt wonderful. The other 8 months were crappy, but that last month was one to enjoy....lol
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was 75% effaced and 3 centimeters for about 3 weeks. I walked and walked and walked the mall for miles (my mall has markers). I had sex, I got my membranes stripped twice. No matter how much you don't want to hear it, it. is. the. truth. That baby is not coming until your body and the baby are ready :P
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I've heard that a tablespoon or two of castor oil will move things along. Good Luck! :)
    SherriPontious

Answer by SherriPontious at 3:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009