itchyyyyyyyyyy

i know your belly itching is a normal symptom in pregnancy with it expanding and everything.

but i put lotion on this bump all day long like no other!! it itches SO BAD... i dont scratch it...
but what can i do to relieve the itchiness???

any ideas!!?? im so desperate lol.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your doctor. That can be a sign of something more serious.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 12:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If Doctor says it's ok, try using cocoa butter. For some reason it helps relieve the itch more than regular lotions. Also, gently rub your tummy where it itches the most. This helps without aggravating the itch. There is also a lotion I used to use years ago that was called....I think....Mother's Miracle...It was made specially for the itchiness, stretch marks, etc. and it smelled like heaven......
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have a really itchy belly too. The only thing that helps is lotion, and I know it's no 100%.
    Try changing your shirt maybe?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Odd idea but depending on how desperate you are you could cover your tummy in orasol or orajel or something numby...I know it sounds a little crazy but since youa re not ingesting it it acts as a topical analgesic and won't hurt the baby and anyone that worries about absorption these things are not harmful to the baby to begin with...my doctor said i could use orajel to my heart's content, since you aren't supposed to swallow it anyway.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• with my first child I was insanely itchy and that is the is the only thing that worked for me. But I got so many stretch marks with him that I haven't had any itcing or stretching with my 2 children after. Lol. There is a bright side to everything.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• use palmers cocoa butter stretch mark lotion and the body butter stretch mark lotion.
    Anonymous

• Cortizone Cream.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ahh same here!! couldnt sleep last night because of it.. i just went to walmart and got calamine lotion.. itchies are gone!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 2:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009