How do you rate Obama so far?

The Gallup Poll on Saturday released the first job-approval rating for President Obama, based on interviews during his first three full days in office: 68 percent.

Now that he’s in office, Obama’s approval ratings are starting to normalize, as partisan back-and-forth picks up. Just a week ago, Gallup found an astonishing 83 percent approval of how he has handled his transition, showing he had even won over most Republicans.

The new job-approval figure puts him at the upper end of opening poll numbers for presidents, but doesn’t set a record.

Gallup’s initial job approval ratings were President John F. Kennedy, 72 percent; Dwight Eisenhower, 68 percent; Jimmy Carter, 66 percent; Richard Nixon, 59 percent; Bill Clinton, 58 percent; George W. Bush, 57 percent; and Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, 51 percent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This question is to reference the article and poll from Gallup, NOT TO BASH. I know it is early, but if the poll has been released, it does classify under Current Events.
    Anonymous

• is too soon to rate obama. he hasn't even done anything yet.
    Anonymous

• He is doing a fine job so far. GITMO closing was his first excellent decision.
    Anonymous

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 10 out of 10
    Anonymous

• like neg a gazillon to the infinitive power. Can't stand him Sorry to bash but you asked the question and I answered (honestly)
    Anonymous

• I would rate him as a ZERO.
    Anonymous

• I think that he is doing a fine job thus far and as long as he continues in the right direction he will continue to do a fine job.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You mean rate how President Obama is doing. As president.  I think he is doing a well as expected

Answer by louise2 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• to me he hasn't been in office that long you have to give him a chance,heck he walked into a mess

FTBALLMOF2BOYS

Answer by FTBALLMOF2BOYS at 12:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009