With Obama's recent statement of " I won" regarding stimulus questioning,

if he was such a groupie kind of guy, shouldn't he have said " We won". Or is this a Freudian slip letting us know early on, it IS all about him?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmm.....I thought the President was the voice of all the people?!? The man who is supposed to represent our entire country?

Not surprised by his wording at all. This whole election has been about him and him alone.
    Anonymous

• No, it is not a Freudian slip. Republicans! Obama is the POTUS and the Republicans NO longer have control. They need to deal with it and stop asking for Obama to be bi-partisian. Were the Republicans? NO!
    Anonymous

• more drmama and president bashing. sourness is showing again.
    Anonymous

• We may not have control anymore but we still have a voice. We didnt ask Obama to be bi-partisian it came out of his own mouth. I hope what Republicans we have in office stick it to him. Cause with most Democrats attitudes it all about yall, it not about the whole country. JMO
    Anonymous

• OMG.................LET IT GO YOU ALL ARE TOO SENSATIVE

Anonymous

• The only people who know Obama promised bi-partisanship are the people who paid attention before they voted.
    Anonymous

• I think that, considering he is the "people's president" so to speak, a "We won" wouldn't have been as damaging. If you are POTUS it is no longer just about you. It is like becoming a parent. You have to think about the well-being of others first and foremost. I agree with many of the items that Obama is pursuing but I do think that the statement was damaging.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Answered at 12:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 by: Anonymous
    We may not have control anymore but we still have a voice. We didnt ask Obama to be bi-partisian it came out of his own mouth. I hope what Republicans we have in office stick it to him. Cause with most Democrats attitudes it all about yall, it not about the whole country. JMO

Watch the News. The Republican party did request this!
    Anonymous

• I agree, the statement was not damaging. He has a lot of work to do and the Republicans are against his agenda.
    Anonymous

• My goodness why is it everybody keeps pointing out these petty little issues??? What WE ALL should be looking at is what are we doing to help him clean up this mess! He has proven he is strong enough to not only take finger pointing but over came it. The problem is when will people stop criticizing jeez The man is human just like George Bush Ronald Reagan and every other President and Politician. This stuff is senseless our country has more to worry about.
    Anonymous