Online Dating?

Initially what is his interest level?

Ok, so I smiled at him and asked if he wanted to chat.. He sent this back.

Sure. Name is xxxxxx xxxxxxx. Cell phone is xxxxxx xxxxx, text me and leave me a message if you like at any time. My email address is xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx,c Lookin forward to chattin with you in the future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on May. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• it sounds to me like he would like to get to know you better.....or he is a creep for giving you his name and cell number that easy.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:58 AM on May. 4, 2012

• Thanks!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 AM on May. 4, 2012

• I see him giving you ways to contact him, but not asking for how to contact you. That would bug me. Why should I have to be the one to initiate the communication? And nothing about what to chat about, common interests, just "looking forward to chatting" - it almost reads more like setting up communication for business rather than a personal relationship. If someone asked me if I wanted to chat, I'd want to know what we have in common, what they might want to talk about, things like that.

But then again...I'm pretty happy being single right now, so I might be looking for faults. lol But...that is what I would see, if it were me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:23 AM on May. 4, 2012

• It sounds kind of passive like he wants you to initiate all contact and take the lead. When I was doing the online thing, I preferred guys who showed more initiative and interest. That's just me. By the way, in so doing, I met my husband through match.com and we've been married almost 3 years.

P.S. I found that guys who showed more initiative became more invested. Guys who were passive probably had lots of girls contacting them and they just sat back and didn't do much.
    Anonymous

• totally agree with other posters - guys who just throw out their contact info without saying how can I reach you would bug me as well. I am also 7 years into a match.com relationship that is the most wonderful relationship of my entire life and we are still madly in love after 7 years and goin strong. I've seen too many girlfriends get strung along by the texters, get inappropriate texts, drunk texts etc. If they will take the time to correspond via email until you feel comfortable giving them your number they are probably worth putting through your vetting process - but there are just a ton of guys out there who cast the net and are very nonchalent - huge waste of time. I had a pretty good formula for weeding out the losers and I didn't have to go on too many dates before I lucked out and found my "manicorn" they are out there!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:58 PM on May. 4, 2012