HOW CAN I POTTY TRAIN MY SON? IF WE LEAVE TH BATHROOM OPEN FOR HIM TO GO IN THERE TO PEE HE WRECKS IT

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO POTTY TRAIN MY SON FOR A LONG LONG TIME HE IS 3 NOW BUT IF I LEAVE THE BATHROOM ON HE WRECKS THE BATHROOM , HE IS A VARY TALENTED BOY, HE WILL TAKE ANYTHING HE CAN CLIME ON TO GET TO THINGS. I AM RUNNING OUT OF THING TO TRY I MEEN HE WILL GO PEE IF I TAKE HIM THERE BUT HE WONT TELL ME WHEN HE HAS TO PEE, AND HE WILL "NOT" BOOP IN THE POTTY , I NEED HELP....PLEASE....

danielle10586

Asked by danielle10586 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would put everything away that he can get into. I have a step-stool for the kids by the bathroom sink and a towl within reach with some foam soap.

By the potty, I have a stool and a magazine holder with books for them to read. As for peeing in the potty rather than on the wall (which I have seen my son do because he was looking at ME!), you just gotta keep on him to watch where he's going.

You could drop a couple cheerios in the potty and let him aim to hit them.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• how do i get him tp poop in the toilet tho??
    danielle10586

Answer by danielle10586 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Don't leave him in there alone. Take a time out from whatever is so important and walk him in there sit im down and be his personal cheer leader. They learn faster when they are pleasing someone.
    HesMyLife22508

Answer by HesMyLife22508 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• If you have a potty seat, leave that outside of the bathroom door, so if he really has to go he doesn't have to wait for someone to get the door for him. If he tells you when he needs to go to the bathroom then go ahead and take him into the bathroom to use the big potty. Always always always reward him for using the potty even if he doesn't go. Don't get upset with him when he doesn't go or when he has an accident. Just make sure to try to take him to the toilet every 2-3hrs until he understands the concept.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• what time do they usual get potty train?and dont use pull ups andymore?
    danielle10586

Answer by danielle10586 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2008