I thought you had to be overdrawn 30 days before they could do this.

I overdrew my bank account, and have not had the money to cover it yet. It went overdrawn on Jan 7th. I thought i had 30 days tocover it before the bank would charge it off. However i was looking at it online and they took the last 30 centes out of my savings acct to deposit into the checking acct and it looks like they wrote it off. Was i wrong about the 30 days? If so , what happens now. Where to charge off accts get reported too. Will they take you to court? It was like$150.00

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you been overdraft alot before this? That might be why if you have. I would call the bank and ask them why this is happening.

Answer by gemgem at 12:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It depends on the bank. Give them a call and let them know the mistake and see what is the best way to resolve it.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• call and ask it depends on the bank.

i wouldnt even explain the situation yet, id just call their cust serv line and ask flat out how long before they do "such and such" and see what information they give you first, then tell them your story.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I work at a bank and all banks have different rules to follow by. the way ours works is either 30 or 60 days depending on the factors of the account. I would definitely call and find out why this has been done and what your banks rules are. And you can also ask them where they report charge offs too. If it has just been done recently it may not have been reported yet.
    ashleydawn3830

Answer by ashleydawn3830 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009