Can I still get toned if I exercise and not eat that great?

My baby is 7 months old and am still breastfeeding. So I try to eat good but I always end up eating too much or junk because of the breastfeeding. I am starting to walk and have even started back to the gym. I ride the eliptical for 30 min and do the weight machines. I know I wont lose weight because of what I eat but will exercising get me back toned? That is what I am mainly concerned about. I hope to eat better once I quit breastfeeding but I will prob bf for at least 18 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 4, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• You know you don't Have to eat junk or overeat because you're breast feeding, correct? As a matter of fact you only Need apr. 500 more calories:
    http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-calories-fluids/
    http://www.llli.org/nb/nbmarapr04p44.html

To your original question. Yes, you will get tone however your muscles will still have a layer of fat over them unless you are burning more calories than you take in.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:30 AM on May. 4, 2012

• Yes, I know that I dont HAVE to over eat or eat junk but I want to. LOL! It is like I crave bad stuff. This is my second time breastfeeding and both times my appetite has been out the roof and then slows down when I quit.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 AM on May. 4, 2012

• Right now I'm in the same rut. I love pigging out on junk food.
    You should exercise, some exercise is better than no exercise. And even if you eat junk you'll notice a difference after exercising for a while, but you'll never get the full results you want if you keep eating junk. I've plateaued right now, lost a little weight but I know what is holding me back from progressing any further is my love for fatty, salty, sweet junk food!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2012

• I use to be in your shoes, till I got a chance to get Ganoderma Lucidium in my system and I breastfeed. It's healthy! It takes cravings away and you then make better decisions in eating! I still eat my donuts and stuff, but it helped me slim with health. You can google Ganoderma Lucidium and see for yourself the wonderful benefits of this all natural ingredients. Then go get some in your system @ www.myhealthyhawaii.organogold.com wish you well. Other than that, I am happy to hear your still doing something to maintain and not lose yourself to being unhealthy. But it's hard when you wait, you may just gain more.
    808tiare

Answer by 808tiare at 5:57 AM on May. 5, 2012

• Exercise always helps.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:11 PM on May. 5, 2012

• The more calories you burn the less will be stored as fat, nothing gets lost in the equation! You're probably doing well already. It might be worth checking out other calorie burning activities too, here's a short top 5 list.

KathleenFa

Answer by KathleenFa at 8:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2013