My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years lived together for 2 and have one son together. He has 2 girls from a previous marirage and his ex has a baby with an 18 years old kid when shes 34. She has a daughter that lives in hawii with her parents she's 13 and a son whos 10 in boston. She never calls or write and just calls to ask for money or to ask mt BF dumb questions. Never ask to talk to the kids frist. Sometimes she doesnt even want to tallk to them. Is it wrong of me

for getting mad at him for sticking up for her? He always has some excuse for her like it's ok that she doesn't want to talk to her kids.

urdoctor

Asked by urdoctor at 9:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• NO IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE AVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD. TELL HIM TO QUIT MAKING EXCUSES
    foxzy

Answer by foxzy at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• dont worry about it ur there new mommy thats all that matters ..... he might not want the kids to talk to her... i wouldnt want my son talkin to his daddy if he wasnt worried about him kids know .... you should just leave it to the kids to say smething if she hurts them comfort them show them ur there for them
    drezmama

Answer by drezmama at 10:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Yeah... I agree.... It would bother me too, but drezmama's right.... he probably doesn't really want them talking to her. Maybe he feels obligated to her in some way because they have children together. Or maybe he just feels bad. They had a relationship, so there was something about her he was attracted to at one time. He might just hope that she's going to get her s*** together and act like a mom.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i dont think it is wrong for you to get mad, my children's dad after we split up had no intrest into talking to the kids but every intention on talking to me. after noticing this i told him never to callmy house again and he has not. i raise my kids alone and he never see's them. if they are not talking about the kids then there is no reason for them to talk.
    deelyn

Answer by deelyn at 1:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• no, its not wrong. it jsut shows you care sincerely for those kids, and she doesn't. the less she has to do wiht them the better anyway.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2008