HELP!!

After I had my kids my skin freaked out now I have terrible acne!! Ive tried everything, cleanser, masks, Proactive and nothing seems to work. I'm sure me stressing about it isn't helping but it's starting to affect my self esteem. My SO has tried reassuring me it doesn't bother him and he's even tried to help me find something that works but of course I can't help but feel ugly. Anyone have any foolproof methods and makeup that won't make me breakout?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• have you tried bare minerals makeup? there is also a foundation that you have to have a perscription to get but i cant remember the name of it, if i think of it ill let you know
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 1:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Thanks Candace brooke! I actually just bought a powder from that line the other day but just as a cover up. Can't wait til I don't need to use makeup at all!
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately you have one of the many "wonderful" side effects of pregnancy. For me it didn't go away, and I tried everything, I even went to see a dermatologist, and he basically just laughed in my face and told me after the babies born my skin would clear up. I would say to invest in some make-up with low oil content. The almay mineral powder make-ups worked wonders for me. Or nuetrogena makes their make-up with a low oil content. Sorry! Here's to another fantastic side effect of pregnancy lol
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 1:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• girls its your hormones trying to balance themselves. Sorry ya'll are going thru this. its hard enough being a new mommy & wife. i went to the health food store. they gave me acidophilus, & 1 a day red clover phytoestrogen. then i ordered from walmart pharmacy physoderm face soap. the acidophilus balanced the enzimes in my stomach. the red clover balanced my female hormones. the physoderm balanced the acid in my skin/face. it worked. make sure to ask if these are ok for you to take. if your nursing or other health problems, ets....ok. always double check.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like it's more of your hormones & cleansing products wont help this. I've been around this block before too! Go to your Doctor or Dermatologist & let them know that your skin has been acting up since you had your children. My Doctor put me on spironolactone after trying many other things & this really helped me. It will help you balance out those CRAZY Hormones. Before getting on this pill, you have to do blood work to see if everything is normal. I think it took a month & when the pill kicked in, EVERY single spot that I had was gone. I'm not saying that this should be your choice, I'm just letting you know what worked for me after trying EVERY SiNGLE thing out there..from over the counter to prescriptions. Check with your doctor so that this problem will stop bringing you down.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 4:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have had skin problems for a very long time. I just switched to Arbonne and my skin looks great. They have an acne line and an anti-aging line.

I started with the anti-aging as I was only getting huge blackheads and the blackheads are less than half the size now. The products don't contain mineral oil so my pores are not getting clogged and can absorb the products that I use. My skin is no longer oily and has a healthy glow.

The products may seem a little pricey but you can sign up as a Consultant for just $29 until Feb 1st 2009 and save 35% off the retail prices for a whole year. No minimums required.

Here is a direct link to information on the acne products http://www.arbonne.com/products/beyond_basics/

To learn more about the company and how to save 35% off retail visit http://www.try.myarbonne.com or message me
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree with this sounding more hormonal. One thing you can do is try using a natural progesterone cream to help balance out your hormones. If it is a hormonal issue, there is really nothing you can use in way of skin care that will clear it up completely.
    soyfulliving

Answer by soyfulliving at 1:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009