Have you ever been this mom...

Today I was the mom that took her kid to school in pajama pants and flip flops (only dropping off so I didn't even get out of the car). I then remembered on my home that we needed bread and milk...so off to the store I went dressed like I just got out of bed. I haven't been shopping like this in years and feel like I should present a better look for my kids, but seriously I am still in recovery from surgery. LOL

Have you ever done this? Do you feel guilty about it?

coala

Asked by coala at 12:43 PM on May. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• No I haven't but it's not a huge issue if others do it.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:18 AM on May. 6, 2012

• Yes I have. Especially when my son would throw a fit about having to go to school and I didn't have time to get dressed. I have also sent him to school in his pajamas. I put clothes in his backpack and told the teacher why he was in his pajamas. She usually got him to change, other times he stayed in his pajamas. A battle not worth fighting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on May. 5, 2012

• yep been there done that, don't care what people think...I could be sick, recovery from birth or surgery, or just plain laaaazy for the day. I love being in my jammies!
    808tiare

Answer by 808tiare at 6:07 AM on May. 5, 2012

• What do the pajama pants look like? Solid colors are fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:51 PM on May. 4, 2012

• & as for your kids. they know you just went though surgery so they should understand! =) happy recovering!
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 4:49 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I do it alot. Espeically if its getting late or i just feel lazy. i usualy at least do hair and light make up. but i'm not use if i have woken up and went to the store without doing anything to myself. mama whatever you feel comfortable in. let people look. you just went though surgery vs. just plain lazy people.
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 4:48 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Many times lol
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I have done it, but it makes me really uncomfortable. Even if I am still in my work out clothes, I don't really like that either. I think part of it is that I run a local business in a small community and I am usually pretty particular about how I present myself to the community because, after all, you never know who you will run into.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 3:04 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I live at the beach, so its common to see pj, flip flops, baseball cap wearing women. Ive done it a few times.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:01 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I figured as long as Im clean, and Im covered without my boobs falling out or ass-crack showing, Im ok. Ill put my hair up in a pony, put on my sunglasses, and run to the store in I need something in a hurry!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:16 PM on May. 4, 2012