S/O interview questions- Worst thing you've been asked?

Once had a guy tell me-
well since you have kids I have to know about your daycare arrangements.
Really? Really? Do you ask the dads the same thing?
Yeah, almost didn't get That job.

Another interview:
Him :Name 3 people dead or alive you would like to have dinner with.
Me:Indira Ghandi, Mother Teresa and Golda Meir
Him: You're Catholic?
Me: No...
Him: Who are the other two?
Me: *eye roll* First female Prime Ministers of India and Israel.
Him: You don't look Indian

Definitely Didn't get That job.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2012 in Just for Fun

• "Where do you stand on stem cell research? What if it is a line of fetal stem cells?"

No good answer to that question
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 2:40 PM on May. 4, 2012

• My SO was asked his age during an interview last week. Big NO NO
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:54 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Him: You're Catholic?

Which is illegal to ask by the way!!! UGH!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:37 PM on May. 4, 2012

• most recently, my dh's would-be business partner/wife came to our house to 'meet' me. during this 'meeting', he out of the blue asked me, ''how would you feel about working in the new store?''..wth! i felt like i was being interviewed. i hated that.
    i said, ''i guess i would if i absolutely had to, temporarily, but i'm not interested.''...i got the feeling he asked me that trying to feel out how i felt about this venture, or my commitment to dh's work goals.
    i'm still kinda pissed at it, lol.

other than that, i've never been interviewed for a job. i've always interviewed the salon owner or manager! lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:34 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Nothing too weird. One guy asked if I was married, but he wasn't the hiring manager. I had left my engagement ring at home and just told him no. I got the job and ended up quitting 9 mos later after getting married and DH took a job out of state.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:13 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I don't think I have ever been asked anything weird.

One guy told me no tatoo's.... good thing I can cover mine up lol. I even had my lip pierced at that time, didn't say a word about that.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Someone asked me if I was an illegal immigrant
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:38 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Ive been asked the same question about 3 people you'd like to have lunch with. I said: Madeline Albright, Jesus Christ and Santa Claus. (They guy specifically said they could be fictional people). When he asked me why I chose them, I said because in their own way, they are about service to others but on different ends of the spectrum. (I work in social services). I got that job!! Hee Hee
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:50 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Oh I also got the tatto question. I happen to have a small tattoo on my right ankle. Very discreet, that I got to honor my father who almost passed away nearly 25 years ago. It was before tattoos were "trendy", in fact I had a hard time finding a tattoo parlor at the time. In my interview the owner went off on this rant about how glad she was to see a person without tattoos, that they were totally white trash, low class, idiotic, etc etc. She would never hire a person with a tattoo, they showed signs of retardation, etc. It was quite the flame!! She hired me, and I worked there for 11 years. She was so narcissitic I dont think she ever even noticed my tattoo although I wore skirts frequently!!!! LOL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:55 PM on May. 4, 2012

• They invited my DH and I to "tour the building" in my first teaching job, separated us, and basically gave him the third degree. I guess it worked out, but I still think it was weird!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:21 PM on May. 4, 2012