Returning to WIC? (Alabama)

If you have gone off it while your child remains and then returned, or are familiar with Alabama WIC, then you're who I'm asking.

I did re-certification for my daughter at the end of December, so WIC has updated info about my situation. Not long after I got a positive pregnancy test. WIC isn't much, but if it makes it so I leave some food for others in my home, then I'd like to move back onto WIC. I tried calling the office to see what I needed to do, but for how good the WIC office is otherwise, they're horrible about answering the phones or returning calls.
I can't off and run around at any time of the day, there has to be fair forewarning and the next day that I specifically will be able to go out during business hours is quickly approaching.

So would I be able to just drop off a proof of pregnancy with WIC when I'm out or do I have to set up an appointment and do recert over again?

redlily08

Asked by redlily08 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm in OK so I'm not sure about the office there...but here they are pretty good at working around your schedule. Usually you can just go in and talk to the lady at the front desk (they dont answer or return calls here either). It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure i just took my proof of preg. up there and gave her the info and she processed everything. It took like 5 min and was no big deal.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009