Baby spit ups

I recently changed my babys formula from similac advance to sensitive for his spit ups. Its was supposed to help but he still spits up the doctor prescribed the baby some medicine for gas and it was sure to help but still no. And he hasn't gained any weight from his original birth weight. He spits up alot and putting a little bit of rice cereal in his milk like doctor said but it doesn't help either. Any one with a similar problem? The baby is 4 weeks old.

vall11

Asked by vall11 at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies spit up. In general nothing is going to stop it completely other than time.

I would ask your doctor (although recommending essentially a newborn rice cereal in a bottle is fairly idiotic and very old school) about switching to a soy formula. He could have a milk protein sensitivity, which is fairly common. He may also have GERD as well. Zantac may or may not work (it's not for gas) and I found that Prevacid Solutabs work a lot better and taste better as well. They can be crushed and just dropped on the tongue and dissolve.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:59 PM on May. 4, 2012

• My baby was on Similac Advance and I switched him to Similac Sensitive on my own. I told my pediatrician about it because my son wasn't getting any better and he recommended Enfamil Gentlease because it has broken down proteins. He's done well on it.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 4:56 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I would definetly put him on something that is not milk-based because its common to be allergic. Of course talk it over with his doctor first! Good luck to you and your little one.
    Samantha2863

Answer by Samantha2863 at 3:35 AM on May. 5, 2012

• hope he feels better soon and you get a formula that works for him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:30 PM on May. 6, 2012

• how old is he ? probably things will go better after 3mo that was my baby case
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:15 AM on May. 8, 2012