Burpee Seeds. I bought 3 basic round platers. Need help on sowing them

Okay so i bought 3 Burpee seeds. I have Burpee Fordhook collection PEAS MAESTRO. FULL SUN. I dont know how to plant them. the info on burpee.com is confusing. I live in a apartment and i bought three of these containers at target. 5.39 in H x 6 In Dia (13.7cm x 15.2 Cm)
are these okay to use? i didnt want to buy anything bigger because of it being more expensive. I have a huge front patio porch that the sun hits daily. I live in the High Desert in victorville, Ca. its super hot today. I bought it for my girls but now im wondering if i need a bigger square planter? I bought Cilantro and Parsley from Burpee too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on May. 4, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Instructions should be on the back of the packet...
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:03 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Omg ok never mind. I know its there and i dont get it. Whatever. If i dont understand then its because i just dont get it. Im a visual learner.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Planters*
    Anonymous

• I THINK peas are...one inch? I dont know. I don't have a seed packet right in front of me.

They're easy - basically sow them in a straight line.

If Brawny was around she could explain it perfectly...
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:06 PM on May. 4, 2012

• What kind of dirt did you buy?

Peas grow a bit tall so you'll want something to support them; a bean pole or pea fence (cut down, of course) would be fine.

What part of the instructions are you confused by?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:08 PM on May. 4, 2012

• HERE SHE IS! Handing this over to Brawny now.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:09 PM on May. 4, 2012

• LOL
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:09 PM on May. 4, 2012

• You plant peas every two inches And one inch deep. Mark your rows out with twine before you plant.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:13 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Okay, OP. So here goes:

1. Soil - Miracle Grow has a nice potting soil for veggies and I'd suggest you use that one rather than regular potting soil
    2. Are the containers square, or are they rectangular? You'll probably have better luck will a longer container.
    3. Fill the containers about 3/4 full of soil. Smooth it over so you have an even surface. Then, use your finger to poke about a 1 inch hole in the soil and place a single pea in there. Plant them about 2-3 inches apart because the grow tall and a little wide.
    4. Once all the peas are in place, cover them lightly with soil. You ultimately want them about an inch down.

That's it. After about 5-7 days they'll pop through the soil. Keep them moist but not soaked and let them have plenty of sun.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:17 PM on May. 4, 2012