Help Please!!!!

Long story short, i need to know what happens if i don't think my husband and I's marriage is broken. He wants a dovorce and i dont and in kentucky its a no fault zone not to mantion we're military.we've been married almost 3 years and out of those almost 3 years he's only been home for maybe 8 months will they still declare divorce or will they have us do marriage counsiling?he doesnt want to do marriage counsiling but onlt gave it a second to think about then just opted for divorce.no cheating has happened but everytime something gets rough in our marriage he goes straight for divorce.we've never had cousiling for our marriage but even while he was gone he has opted for divorce we have 3 girls together.We were fine when he came home from deployment in OCT but all of a sudden we got a paper in the mail in DEC and that when he said he wanted a divorce.i dont want one and i'm thinkin of our girls who are 4 y.o , 3 y.o, 8months

Lexy8486

Asked by Lexy8486 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Hi Lexy - I'm so sorry for all that you're trying to deal with right now. I think that you're on the right track trying to keep your family together, instead of jumping into a divorce. If your husband won't go with you for counseling, I would seek out support and counseling for yourself through the army. I believe that they do offer support services for all army families, especially when a family member has been deployed. You're asking some very good questions, and I hope that you can receive the support and answers you need. You're in my prayers Lexy.
    Ms.Sue

Answer by Ms.Sue at 1:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I guess I'm confused what paper did you get in December that would make him want a divorce?? Just tell him straight out to try counseling and if it doesn't work you will then consent to a divorce. If that's how you feel.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would tell him that you want try counseling if for no other reason than to know why he wants a divorce. Remind him that you have kids and want make what ever happens amicable and honest. he needs to explain why he wants a divorce. The kids need to know to why daddy is wanting this too. At least see if he could write it in a letter. He has a responsability to tell you why he wants an divorce.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 3:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009