So my Aunts in the hospital because she tried to kill herself..

And I don't feel bad for her at all. She's a mess hops from abuser to abuser because she can't keep her mouth off the bottle or her hands off pills. It's so ridiculous. I'm not saying I want her to die but I just have no sympathy for her anymore.

Have you ever reached that point with someone?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 6:35 PM on May. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• I am sorry to hear that!!! but you should have sympathy, one because she is your blood relative and two because what she has is a disease, except for the abuser part.....I can understand you being fed up, I really can, but get your family together and baker act her! specially after the attempted suicide, help her now!!!~!

Answer by older at 1:30 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Yep. That being typed I do hope your aunt finds the help she so desparately needs.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:37 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Mrs_Harsh - YOU ARE FINE. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO FEEL ANYWAY YOU WANT.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:48 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Yep, and honestly, there's nothing wrong with how you feel.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:36 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Hopefully this will be a wake up call for her.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:44 PM on May. 4, 2012

• admckenzie

While that is the 'text book' summary, it is often not the reality of those that live with addicts. Many times it comes to the point where you almost HAVE to turn your back or you go down with them. THAT is what the text books don't teach you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:33 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Living with a person who CONSTANTLY makes poor choices, year after year after year, is exhausting.

There does come a point, at least in my world, where you just have to wash your hands of it.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:05 PM on May. 4, 2012

• Yes, I have felt like that about someone.

I also agree with meooma about hoping she gets help though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:38 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I had anUncle like that.
    He didn'ttake a knife to his wrists or anything but he basically drank himself to death. He didn't die of the liver failure b of falling asleep with a cigarette, lit, as a bed partner. I shed no tears. The family had tried to help but basically he didn't want the help.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:39 PM on May. 4, 2012

• When someone you know has a serious addiction, it is kind of like they died already.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:45 PM on May. 4, 2012