What does this mean?

When you get a horrible painful sharp pain in only one side of your stomach? Im 25 weeks pregnant and it hurts really bad on the right lower side of my stomach.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be gas pains. I'm 28 weeks and get sharp gas pains now and then.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ligamints stretching nothing to worry about try and sit down and take it slow dont change positions fast.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Sounds like your tendons and ligaments are stretching. I got that a lot with my second...that kiddo was huge!! If you're really really concerned, then just put in a phone call to your doctor and see is they think you should go in. It's better to be safe then sorry.
    Anonymous

• Could be the positioning your baby is getting into. Sometimes the baby pokes and prods onto different nerves that can cause quick, harsh pains. It could also be a result of ligament pain. Its probably nothing at all to worry about. However, if youre concerned, dont hesitate to call your doctor, that is what they are there for.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 2:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009