gassy baby

My 4 day old is very gassy, he kept us up all night last ight. I'm breastfeeding, so where should I start with removing things from my diet? or do you know of something else to try?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had the same thing... I have found that the main foods that affect our baby are chocolate, onions, garlic, and when I ate a lot of dairy... I try to keep it down to one serving of yogurt daily, and just drink soy or rice milk otherwise. When your baby seems gassy, try gently rubbing his belly in a clockwise motion, and moving his legs like he's riding a bike. Also gently holding his feet and bending his legs and straightening them out (all while he's lying on his back). The last thing is maybe try "Hyland's" colic tablets, which are homeopathic and easy to give to your baby.
    Mindy418

Answer by Mindy418 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• garlic and broccoli are huge on the gas-o-meter.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i dont know what your diet is only you do and usually its not your diet thats the issue he may just be a gassy baby. Try giving him Gas drops or you can buy whats called as Gripe water it works well. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I personally cant comment on your diet with breastfeeding and all because I dont have much experience there, but you can give mylicon infant drops before feedings.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 1:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Go to wal-mart and get gas drops! They work great my baby has the same problem and I use them all the time.
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009