I need help finding a job

I live in Arizona. Was laid off from work in Sept. of this last year. I have looked and looked and looked. Nothing! Can anyone give me some tips as to what i may be doing wrong?

I am a SAHM right now and don't have a car to go out and apply unless i take the boyfriend to work. I have been applying online and seen a lot of great jobs that i know i can do, but nobody is calling!! So i have been pretty down in the dumps lately. Any tips you all have are greatly appreciated. Thx..

mom2alexis00

Asked by mom2alexis00 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• You shoud see about getting someone to look over your resume. Maybe get a program to help spruce it up. Once you send in resumes then dont forget to follow up. I used to own a company and got tons of applications all the time but if someone called to follow up they were much more likely to be interviewed then someone who didnt. It showed me they had an interest in the job.

Answer by gemgem at 2:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers'. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I'm also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Girl, I always suggest you start your own business.    It is so easy and there are excellent resources and ideas at www.stuffformoms.info.  With a little creativity you could be in business this afternoon.   What is unique about this website is that I have linked back to three of my own businesses:  Errand Service, Advertising Service and Virtual Assistant.  Check them out and see if you can get any ideas.  Feel free to use my sites as examples, and if I can be of further help, let me know.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Try house or office cleaning,babysitting, or starting your own business. Look on craigslist.com or backpage.com for job opportunities. I do booty parlor parties, maybe try starting your own business
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Same old Story: Start a Home based Business! Apple Computer, Hershey Chocolate, Mary Kay Cosmetics, and the Ford Motor Company, they all started out as home based businesses. Over half of all U.S. businesses are home based . (check out business.gov)
    Find something you are passionate about, and start a Home based biz based on that. Let's say you like cooking, do research on how to start a catering biz. Lets say you like crafts, start making skrapbooks for people who want them but don't have the time, make cards, invitations, announcements, jewelery, silk flower arrangements etc. Let's say you like office work, then become a virtual assistant or a data-entry specialist or something like that. Again research is key! The main thing is to know how to market yourself! There are very good resources on that!
    Let me know if I can be of any further help!
    Natalia
    850-215-4194
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 3:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Not a lot of people hiring right now. I work from home!
    **********************************************************
    Make $$ and cut your grocery bill in half!!!!

I am a distributor for The Gourmet Cupboard. Even when times are tough and people can't afford 'nonessentials' they are going to buy food. Our products are all quality, homemade, affordable foods. You can do home shows, craft fairs, farmers markets, retail, baskets, websales, or just sell to friends and family and enjoy your discount.

Contact me for more info.
    Karli Land
    karlisemail@yahoo.com
    706-204-8914
    KarliLand

Answer by KarliLand at 1:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009