Am I being ridiculous?

Once in awhile my boyfriend goes a whole day without calling me. It really bugs me. We don't live together, and he treats me really well. Should I just forget it? It only happens around once every couple of months. I'm just feeling irritated about it right now because he didn't call me last night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Did you try to call him?
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Why does he have to call you? Why can't you call him and tell him you miss him and are thinking of him.?
    Anonymous

• I do think that's a little overbearing, that going 24 hrs without a phone call once every couple of months. If it were me and I had a boyfriend who got put out if I didn't call him for a whole day once in a while, I would find that really suffocating.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• if you didn't try calling him then i wouldn't worry about it. if you did try calling him and he didn't answer or call back yeah id be kinda iffy and just ask him why.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• people need space so if it's not all the time it's cool but if you haven't tried to call him then i think you are just going to put that much more stress on yourself and go into freak out mode. call him and say just missed your voice love you and glad to hear you. leave it at that or whatever
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Did you try to call him? Why do you feel he has to call you?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I use to feel the same way but I realize it's not worth startin a fight over. If he treats you good then why even bring it up. Or if you feel you must don't make him feel as if he has to call you. Maybe say I missed hearing your voice last night!
    Anonymous

• if you said it's only once a month or so that he doesn't call I really wouldn't stress. you don't want to be too clingy. also did you try calling him? if you called him a few times and no answer no return call yeah i might worry a little, but if you didnt try calling him and he calls you most days i dont see the big deal
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You all are 100% right. I know there is no reason for me to feel this way. I just got off the phone with him and he told me that he just watched TV last night and then went to bed. And I was friendly in my phone call - but I couldn't help it and I wasn't my usual bubbly self. I know I'm being ridiculous for feeling this way and I will not tell him that I'm bugged. I will get over it. We only talked for a few minutes and I know he could tell I wasn't all eager to talk. So we ended the call after about 8 minutes. I told him I was really hungry for lunch.
    Anonymous