36 WKS. WITH A KIDNEY STONE........??? HELP!

Well i just got back from my apointment and i was bleeding while i was urinating so they checked me down there and said it might be a kidney stone because my back was hurting all day yesterday and they said it hurts your back because its just had a little room in there and made its way to my bladder and thats why im bleeding while i pee. And if its possibly a uti they gave me some antibiotics. So has anyone had a kidney stone while PG???If so what duid they do or give you? Doc said if i dont stop bleeding in a few days then i should call them and let them know so they can check me again.
Any advice will be great! thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My DIL had this when pregnant. They put a stent in..from her kidney to her bladder and out through the uretha. It was very painful for sure..as they dont like to do x-rays etc till after the baby comes. She finally had the stent removed about a month after the birth..and the kidney stone was gone. She had had several terrible attacks where she had to be hospitalized, just to monitor her and the baby...this all started in her 6th month. I hope you can pass the stone without having to go through all of that, but if not..at least you know there is a solution, although temporary till your baby comes. Good Luck hon!!
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I forgot to add, that apparently, kidney stones are very common with pregnancy!! I never knew that!
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I had one on Christmas Eve while 5 months pregnant. They gave me pain meds and kept me in the hospital for 3 days. Apparently I passed it on my own but for a week I was on percocets for the pain. They said there wasn't much they could do. All turned out well, so I hope for the best for you!!!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009