How would you take this comment?

I got my hair done and got some bangs, I haven't them in years! I thought it looked really good! I walk in my mom's office and she looks at me and says" I don't know if I am going to be able to get use to that"! I was really offended and hurt! Everytime I get my hair colored or cut everybody raves about it and she doesn't say anything! Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think I'd be hurt. I don't know your mom, but it doesn't really sound like she was trying to be mean. Just saying that it was different than what she was used to.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• blow her off not everyone is going to like what you do to your hair.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• is she jealous?
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• if that's the way she is then there's no changing it i would freak out if all of a sudden she turned around and told you how great it was if she's just a poop head
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It wouldnt bother me. My mom has said things like that to me and she just means because its different then before. I have also said the same sorts to her. It doesnt mean I hate her hair LOL. I dont take it personally unless she says something mean to me. Hair is just hair. Not everyone like the same styles.

Answer by gemgem at 2:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• She probably just meant you look alot different. If you think it looks good it probably does. I don't think you should too hurt by it.
    lagunalove08

Answer by lagunalove08 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• OMG that is just your mom being exactly that your mom, moms do that kind of stuff mine does, big deal, if you feel so bad about it why dont you ask her later on why she doesn't like your hair and take it from there but if I were you I wouldn;t make a big deal about it, because I dont think she said it to hurt your feelings in any way
    Anonymous

• OOOOPPPS I accidentally posted anon above sorry
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• thats a mom . lol. well weird cuz when ever i dress goofy on purpose to see what my mom thinks. she always says cute n i always get mad cuz she is not honest. lol
    Perez18

Answer by Perez18 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• well what's the big deal if you're mom doesn't like your hair. do you need to impress your mom with your looks? at least it's not your husband or boyfriend saying your hair looks bad. last i knew moms love their daughters despite their hair style so I wouldn't care if I were you.
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009