• In the Spotlight:

cant sit still

My son is 9 months and VERY strong when I go to change his diaper he roll over on to his belly and laughs It s cute but how do i get him to hold still I can barley hold him down
Any advise

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him go bare for a few minutes, then get him a book and turn him over and put a new diapie on :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with the answer above! If in a big hurry lay your legs lightly over his shoulders to where to get him to hold sit for a min to get the Diapie on.
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I usually give my son something hes not allowed to play with while I'm changing him. Like my cell phone or the remote. It keeps him busy long enough to change him.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• speak to him Tell him to be still for you. This is where discipline starts. Speak in a firmer tone if need be. He needs to start learning to listen. He understand tone more than words right now. Use it as a buliding block for future discipline.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Enjoy it...lol.. I miss those days..and my hubby is "cut" so we wont be having anymore...:o(
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• My son is 2 and let me tell you... it doesn't always get easier. I usually hand him something to do in the mean time while i change his diaper. At his age he likes to hand me the wipes and diapers when i need them.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• time to discipline
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• We are dealing with this too. The second I lay him on his back for a changing, he rolls over and crawls away. I try to distract him with a toy and that sometimes works. If my husband is home, he has to hold him for me. If I am alone, I just keep pulling him back and try to get his new diaper on as quick as possible. Hopefully they will grow out of this phase but my little one has so much energy that I am prepared to deal with this until he is potty trained!

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 10:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I completely disagree with kate_jocelyn about discipline. the baby is 9 months old...doing something all 9months old do. a child that young should NOT be disciplined for something so simple when he could easily be distracted by a toy or something. Make a silly noisy or start singing a silly song loudly to grab his attention so he will give you full attention and forget about crawling off. ANY THING BUT DISCIPLINE at such a young vulnerable age
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2008